I have been watching the tragedies of Hurricane Haiyan and I feel helpless. Sometimes the world feels so big and I wonder, "How can I contribute and make a difference?"
I've learned from one of my mentors, Darrell Kopke, that you have to find what you are passionate about and make a choice as to how you can contribute. Align with your values and you will drive impactful, positive change. It is up to you to find your voice, discover your passion, and pursue it. He says, "I drive a V8, so I'm not saving the world by driving the vehicle I do. I do, however, invest in socially responsible companies while being a stand for profit and for people."
In his words, "You can't suffer for the suffering," but you can help be part of change. Follow what makes you naturally curious, it will lead you to your passions and purpose. This is how you will best affect change.
So I declare my contribution through Peekaboo Beans:
- To be a stand for the importance of play: I will be relentless in my efforts to educate about the importance of free, unstructured play for our children and future generations. I will make a product that supports a playful life.
- To give back to play: I will create opportunities to raise awareness and funds to build safe places for less fortunate children to play in through our charity partner: Playground Builders.
- To be a voice for working women: I will create a working environment for mothers that provides the space to be a mother first while being a creative and knowledgeable contributor to a society of meaningful work.
- To foster a community of entrepreneurs: To extend this mom-focused working environment, I will strive to build out an entrepreneurial platform that allows mothers the opportunity to stay at home, earn income, and be entrepreneurial on their own terms.
- Swing set: $488
- See Saw: $381
- Bench: $74
- Slide: $391
- Monkey Bars: $73
By choosing to align with Peekaboo Beans you are standing with us as we choose to make a change. Together, we are:
- Giving the gift of play, for your children, my children, and children around the world.
- Giving the gift of change - through the voice of PB.
- Giving the gift of ethics in manufacturing practices.
- Giving the gift of supporting the local economy.
- Giving the gift of making a difference in the world. One Bean at a time.
What could be more perfect? Buying local, supporting the worldwide community, and all in the comfort of your own home! Does it get better than that?
In love and play,