Our Vine to You - Kerry McLellan


Getting to know your local Peekaboo Beans Play Stylist.  An exciting feature giving a closer look at the lovely ladies who are sprouting off our Vine and providing you with the ingredients for a playful life.  
Today we meet Kerry of Red Deer, Alberta.  And here's a glimpse from her VINE:


Tell us a little bit about yourself:
My name is Kerry McLellan, I am 34 yrs old and live in Red Deer, AB. I was raised in a small town 20 minutes away called Innisfail, so I have pretty much been an Albertan all my life. I did live and complete my last two years of high school in Victoria, BC. I absolutely fell in love with the island and the vibe out there for those two years. I missed home and my family though and was happy to be back to put down roots in Red Deer. I met my husband Layne 17 yrs ago, we will have been married for 7yrs this coming August. We share two beautiful daughters, Pryce Keely Rose 5yrs, and Sloan Lily Jayne 2yrs. They are the most amazing gift and I am so blessed to be a mom.
Tell us a little bit about how you sprouted on the Peekaboo Beans Vine:
I was introduced to the stylist opportunity at my sister in laws home in Rocky Mountain House, AB. She was having a Peekaboo Beans Soiree in the spring of 2011 and I was intrigued at the chance of becoming a part of the vine. My upvine Carla Lechky filled me in on all Peekaboo Beans and the rest was history. I became a playstylist in the fall of 2012. I had loved these amazing clothes for years prior to the launch of the soiree and playstylist.
What does PLAY mean to you?
PLAY to me means having the freedom to do what you want for as long as you want to do it, getting your juices flowing be it creatively or physically, learning or teaching without structure or lesson.
Who is one person you look up to or are inspired by and why?
I look up to and am inspired by my mom, she is all that I can hope to be one day. She teaches me about compassion, strength, loyalty, giving, hospitality, nurturing, overcoming odds of certain situations, living for the moment.
What possession do you cherish the most?
A possession I cherish is my home, I guess because it is what has housed all of my greatest achievements, love, family, and many other life experiences.
What kind of child were you and how did you spend most of your free time?
As a child I was the only girl in my family so a bit of a daddy's girl, I loved entertaining, always dancing and acting putting on little productions for my family and friends, very social type, always talking and had many friends around all the time. Loved animals and had many growing up, loved treating them like my babies. Enjoyed cooking with my baba and auntie G.
Is there a special tradition you share with your children? 
I would say I have the usual common traditions with my girls, making daddy's birthday cake together, throwing holiday parties with their little friends and their moms. building on that as we go definitely!
What spot in your neighbourhood if your favorite place to go?
We love the park nearby there a 2 that are side by side, and a wonderful gourmet cupcake shop called Baby Cakes where we can sit and enjoy their fave vanilla cupcake with sprinkles called the "sweet tooth".
What kind of house do you live in? And what do you like best about living there?
We live in a cute 4 level split home, its in an older neighbourhood, but has character. I love my cherry blossom tree, and apple trees when they are in bloom. We are able to walk to school, and to our favorite places like the park. We are close to a major recreation center where the girls take dance and swim lessons, among other things.
Can you share with us your favorite recipe, websites or local shops?
I love to cook! I used to own a cafe and we made everything from scratch so I have learned so many recipes that way. I love this appy Buffalo Dip. 1c Ranch dressing, 1c Franks red hot sauce, 1 brick of cream cheese, 1/2 c shredded cheese. mix up ingredients, heat and serve with nachos or carrots and celery sticks. So good, its a guilty pleasure for sure.
www.farmgirl.com is a fun cooking website I like to checkout.
I like to frequent shops like The little Ice Cream Shoppe, Baby Cakes Cupcakery, Baby Pops, Solace Spa, Lush.
What’s your idea of a perfect day?
Perfect Day: my girls laughing and playing with our dog Winky, my husband relaxing, and maybe enjoying the outdoors by a river and some mountains, with a campfire and stars or the sun.
What legacy would you like to build through Peekaboo Beans?
The legacy I would like to leave... I would just like to have created great life experiences sharing this product with my friends and their beans, as well as people I will just have met and making it a fun and playful, and a memorable time. To see the excitement when beans first see the clothes, the joy of them shopping, picking and choosing what they want, and then delivering it right to them, and then getting to repeat the process all over again next season. Just to spread the message of Play and how very important it is to our beans and the beans to come.

_________________________________________________

Do you live in Kerry's area? Looking to host your own Peekaboo Beans Soiree? Here's how you can get in touch with her today:

Kerry's FACEBOOK
Kerry's email

No comments: